Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Food vs. Covid

 In the very beginning of covid, neither mine nor my families diets or relationships to food really changed. Once the lockdown got more serious things started to get more difficult. For me, I work at a pizza place in Northern Kentucky, and during the first few months of covid was working every day. While I was working every day, I was starting to have to eat lunch and/or dinner at work. I would get called in at random times and not have time to eat a meal, so that resulted in me eating out (at work) every night. Now don't get me wrong, I love the food there, but having pizza or hoagies everyday once and sometimes twice a day is not healthy. Especially when there is no time to workout and gyms are closed, eating like that was not a good sign. Once things died down, for a little bit), it became less hectic so I wasn't`t getting called in as often so I was eating more meals at home that weren't so unhealthy. As for my family, eating habits stayed pretty similar other than eating out a little more often. When school switched to online, my mom had to work from home so there was less time to cook some nights because she would still be working. On nights like those we ate take out, fast food, or left overs from the night before. 

Right before covid happened, I had shoulder surgery. I was supposed to be in physical therapy three times a week, and then two times a week once a month had passed. When covid struck, there were limitations and less openings for appointments so my shoulder has still not healed properly or completely. So my physical health I would have to say got worse. But mental health is a whole other story. Many people I know experienced decline in mental health including myself. Even people who had not had issues in the past or were not diagnosed with any type of mental illness started struggling. As covid continues people still are struggling with keeping their mental health under wraps, including myself once again. Experiencing a global pandemic is not easy in any aspect, whether it be with eating or exercise habits, physical and mental health, employment issues, education, or even social life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanksgiving ... Covid Edition

 This year, Thanksgiving was VERY different in my household. We have a pretty big family so usually we are all over the place visiting as ma...