Thursday, November 26, 2020

Thanksgiving ... Covid Edition


 This year, Thanksgiving was VERY different in my household. We have a pretty big family so usually we are all over the place visiting as many people as possible. This year, we (mom and brothers) were only supposed to be spending it with my grandparents and my aunt. Shortly after making plans, my aunt was quarantined due to an exposure (but she’s negative all is good there!), and after that I was quarantined due to testing positive. My mamal had decided that she would deliver our meals to us, that she still thankfully cooked even though we weren’t going to be able to be together. Normally, Thanksgiving consists of eating meals with the family, playing bingo after dinner for prizes, decorating the family tree and watching  The Grinch (my favorite). This year, I spent the day in my room alone while everyone else got to spend time together upstairs. My mom brought down my food and put it outside my door, and for dinner brought me the left overs. I understand why things are the way they are, but honestly it didn’t make it any easier to do. 

This is day 3 of my covid quarantine and my symptoms have increased. I now have a sore throat again, as well as a low grade fever and a rash on my face and chest. Inhalers every 4 hours and Prednisone every day as well as cough medication and tylonal as needed, Drs orders. I have been on bed rest and have had a hard time doing any type of activity such as walking up the stairs or taking a shower. I also had to order a pulse ox finger monitor to monitor my o2 levels at home. Hopefully within the next 7 days my symptoms improve and I start to feel better so that I can get out of quarantine, but it’s not looking too promising. My advice of the day: wear your mask!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanksgiving ... Covid Edition

 This year, Thanksgiving was VERY different in my household. We have a pretty big family so usually we are all over the place visiting as ma...