Monday, August 31, 2020

The New Normal

Covid took me by surprise in so many aspects, the life I had known for the past 18 years has been completely altered. Going to school for 6 hours a day, and going out on the weekends was a normal thing before March 12, 2020. When it was announced school would be switched to online for two weeks everyone thought we would return after those two weeks and life would go back to normal. Now, it is August 28, 2020 and this is our new normal. I didn't get my highschool graduation, a senior prom, senior track season, or an official last day of school. I'm a freshman at University of Kentucky and masks are required everywhere you go as well as staying at least six feet apart from other people. I can't even imagine being closer to other people than that anymore. The switch from high school to college is one of the most confusing experiences I have ever had, regardless of the pandemic, so covid just makes it interesting. Everywhere you look on campus there's dots on the floors reminding you to stay six feet apart, as well as signs being put on doors saying that face coverings are required before entering. With every dorm room came two UK masks, hand sanitizer, and an on the go mask holder (below). Never would I have thought I`d say, “I forgot my mask!” as I was leaving my dorm but I look back and can't quite remember life before quarantine. This is the new normal.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanksgiving ... Covid Edition

 This year, Thanksgiving was VERY different in my household. We have a pretty big family so usually we are all over the place visiting as ma...